- If you have activated the auto-reply function of your mailer software because you are out of office, you have to unsubscribe from the list. If you are away for more than 1 week and you haven't unsubscribed yourself, you can be kicked off the list. The same applies if your mailbox is over quota for more than 5 days.
Please read the canlist welcome mail carefully and respect the RFC1855 netiquette guidelines before posting messages.
- Choose a good subject line, THINK about it.
- Write your mail in English language.
- Send your mail in plain text format, not HTML or Rich Text because plain text will be readable for all subscribers.
- Quote portions of what you are responding to, not the whole mail and remove empty quoted lines or signatures to make your message as short as possible.
- Do not make test posts to the list. Ask a real question or give a real answer.
- Binary (GIF, JPEG, executables) posts are not allowed. Post a URL instead or mail your binaries directly to those people who want them.
- To post to the group, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The auto-reply address has been set to canlist_NOT to prevent mail loops. You can replace it manually or with an individual address book entry for sending emails to the group.
Any questions? Feel free to contact the list administrator.